Saturday, August 28, 2010

Economy Candy

My step-brother Russell is visiting New York this weekend and so we did a little exploring today of the Lower East Side. We checked out this place that I've been dying to check out for a while now called Economy Candy. It's an new-fashioned candy store at its best. There is a sugar-free section, acres of gum, vintage candy, bagged candy, nuts, chocolate, you name it, really. We kind of went a little wild in there but because it as "Economy" Candy, I left this store only $8.07 lighter!

Here are a few snaps of the store:



Note the jam-packedness of the store...


See, chocolate really does help with all life's boo boos


I wish I liked gum balls because these just look so fun!


My haul...at least one of these is fat-free (see the label, it's gotta be true!)and never you mind about the sugar!

Economy Candy is located at 108 Rivington Street (at Delancy) on Manhattan's Lower East Side.

And, if you are interested, one of my favorite food bloggers, David Lebovitz (he of the ice cream fame) recently was there too. You can check out his coverage of Economy Candy by clicking here.

1 comment:

  1. I know that we have a local candy store but I can guarantee that they don't have to selection that this place does. Impressive!

    I think that you will soon realize that only in the Big Apple will you find all these hidden treasure places!

    ReplyDelete