Sunday, October 17, 2010

Food Styling and Photography Class Round Up

So all weekend long I've been at a Food Styling and Photography class and I have to say that my head is rather full. Who knew? Seriously. I could go on and on and on about all the stuff that we learned (like did you know that usually when frosted cakes are photographed for magazines that they are filled with mashed potatoes and have icing piped in between the layers, over the potatoes -- nothing is real people!) but honestly, it would be way too tedious. However, the biggest take-aways for me from the class were to use a tri-pod, to learn how to use my manual settings, to use calibrate my white balance (...see it is too confusing to go into too much detail), and that using natural light makes food photography so much easier.

Here are a few of the other shots from the weekend (to see them better, try clicking the pictures to make them bigger -- it makes a difference in the look of the photo, ask Rod...).

Sunny Raspberries

Seckel Pear

Lovely Eggs

Food stylist trick -- wax to make round things stay upright!

Roasted Chicken and Vegetables

Market Cabbage

Seckel Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment