Sunday, April 4, 2010

Warning: This post contains pictures that will make you want to move to New York

I didn't post last night because I'm a little tired. Tomorrow, Monday, is our first test at school and I'm nervy as per usual and trying to study and catch up on over 300 pages of restaurant management reading (which, by the way, is way worse than any of the Literature of the Canadian West was in college) and make Q-cards for things we never even studied in class -- so needless to say, I'm tired and a touch stressed. So today, if your lucky, I will try to post twice and until then, I hope all my faithful readers are enjoying their Easter Sunday far too much to notice my absence.

Yesterday we went for a little jaunt in Central Park to check and see if our favorite fountain, the Bethesda Fountain, was up and running yet. It wasn't, but the cherry blossom trees were a-bloom all over the park and for me, a lover of both pink and cherry blossoms, the trees more than made up for the dry fountain. The following are a few of the photos snapped in the park yesterday and I hope you enjoy them (and if you want to enlarge the pictures, just click on them).


The Bethesda Fountain and the pond that it backs onto -- it's much prettier with water

The same cherry blossom tree 3 ways





3 comments:

  1. Nice! Spring blossoms are so beautiful! Great photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok we're selling the house in Cochrane and moving into a cardboard box in Manhattan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if those cherry trees are just ornamental or do they really bear fruit? If they do, I want to time my next visit so that I can help with the harvest!

    It is really wonderful to see so many people out enjoying what looks like beautiful spring weather in Central Park. But after spending a week in NYC in February, I am not sure about Patrick's idea about moving into a cardboard box. Can't we just bunk in with you guys???

    ReplyDelete