Thursday, June 3, 2010

Black Forest Cake Deliciousness

I thought today was petit four day. I got excited. I was full of glee. I was wrong. Instead of petit fours, we iced another cake. It went a lot better this time. We used whipped cream and knew what we were doing, sort of. I'm proud to say that the black forest beauty below is all my handy-work. I'm like a proud mother, truly. I'm also proud to report that unlike yesterday's cake, this one tastes really, really good.


I know this looks like a necked cake but really it is a symbol of my hard work. Those corners are not easy my friend!


The finished cake -- isn't she a beauty?!


A view inside


Slice of goodness

I suppose that I shouldn't have said earlier that we didn't make petit fours. We made the cake for them -- an almond frangipane cake, stacked into three thin layers with raspberry jam in-between. Tomorrow, yes really this time, tomorrow we are making petit fours. We are going to cut the cake into one-inch squares, glaze them with fondant and then decorate them in a variety of patterns. I think it sounds like fun but usually when I think that and as am excited as I am about tomorrow, it turns into a horrible failure...we shall see.

3 comments:

  1. Another cake-less day for the class of 1402. Thanks for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a beauty. You have one Oma pretty proud of you! It makes my mouth water. Were cherries soaked in Kirsch? No wonder you enjoyed your class. Have fun tomorrow and may the day be special and all work out just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love Black Forest cake and that looks like a real beauty! As for tomorrow, just think positive thoughts...

    I am sure that you will be a pro at the petit fours, whatever they are!

    ReplyDelete