Friday, June 25, 2010

The End Of A Cookie Marathon

I'm not sure if I've told y'all that the past two days, in addition to ribbon cakes and grenoblois, has been largely devoted to making dozens upon dozens of cookies. Seriously, I wish we had attempted to do a final cookie head count because I'm sure we were well into the thousands. Our class produced: a few varieties of chocolate chip cookies, spritz cookies, Tennessee icebook cookies, checkerboard cookies, shortbread, various types of biscotti, pecan balls, various types of brownies, rugelach, macarons, pignoli cookies, Sicilian fig cookies, linzer cookies, chocolatines, almondines, dream bars, lemon bars...have you got the general idea yet? We made a ton of cookies.


See? I'm not lying -- that's not even an eighth of all the cookies...

My partner and I made spritz cookies (in fact, I specifically requested to make spritz cookies because they are a Collin Murray favorite and have been absolute disasters every other time I made them...), pecan balls, white chocolate chip and dried cherry and pistachio cookies and I baked off some madeleines and helped out with some checkerboard cookies. It was a marathon of cookies and to be honest, I'm kind of glad it's over.


Spritz cookie in the raw


Spritz cookies after baking


Pecan balls waiting to be baked


Confectioner's sugar drenched pecan balls

3 comments:

  1. Katie, I hope I have this rite this time, Your Blogs are just great, I read them all the time so now I want totellU how inpressed I am with your displays Good Work Love NAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got it right Nan! Good work -- you are so hip! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well all I can say is that it is too bad that it is 6 months until Christmas, because it would have been so easy to scoop a dozen of each variety of cookie that your class made and pop them into a freezer container and you would have had all your Christmas baking done in one swoop. It would have been very interesting to find out how many cookies you guys did turn out. But the photos look very impressive!

    I heard that Collin Murray was impressed with the taste of the Spritz cookies as well.

    I am also pleased to see that Nan has been able to figure out how to comment on here. That is good to read her comments and approval. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete