Friday, June 25, 2010

First 100 Highlights -- Part One

Y'all know me well enough by now to know that I can never, never ever, not talk a lot. As such, the First 100 Highlights will be delivered in a couple of posts...

Here we go:

1. I have to say that I was pretty nervous when I first began this blog. I didn't know if I was really cut out for all this writing business and I was super nervous for my first day of class. Lucky for me, it's turning out pretty well so far. I don't believe that I've ever shown this photo on the blog but it is kind of a neat one taken when my camera and I were still getting to know each other. Under the photo of my tool kit is the link to my first post and the aptly, the first post in the Highlight Reel.


First Day Jitters

2. Before I get all sentimental, let's get into the fun stuff. This post from the end of March is definitely a favorite because working on it really inspired me to begin recipe testing and researching on a regular basis. As before, the link is under the photo.


Hey Yo, It's Fro-Yo

3. After this particular day at school, I felt as though sugar and I were never to be friends again. I'm pretty sure that there were tears but the final product saved the day. Click the link to go back to that horrific day in April.


A Roller coaster Of Sugar and Pastry and Emotion

4. This was a crazy carb day in school. Seriously, the word(?) carb-tastic comes to mind. The bread module was a tough one because there were so many new skills that came our way in a short time and at such a rapid pace but this day, with its braided doughs and breadsticks, made it all worthwhile. Click the title to relive the post.


Oh My Land, What A Bread-Filled Day of Fun

5. I loved this day at school and not just because I made something Tiffany Blue. Petit Four day went so smoothly and it was just fun. By this time in our program, we are all working better as a group and have developed a better skill set so the kitchen is much more confident...and we made something Tiffany Blue!


Perfect Petit Fours

Part Two of the First 100 Highlights will be updated soon but if anyone has a favorite post, picture or comment, let me know on facebook or on the comments here. Oh yeah, and thank you so much for reading. If it wasn't for my faithful followers and their comments, I don't think I would have made it to 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment