Saturday, June 12, 2010

To Casa Mono For Dessert

Collin Murray and I have been wanting to try Mario Batali's Spanish restaurant, Casa Mono, for quite some time and since Rod and Patrick are still in town and love Spanish food, last night made for a lovely meal.


Now we did eat more than just dessert at Casa Mono but since it is a tapas-style restaurant, meaning small plates of food for sharing, it is rather difficult to capture images of all the food before it was devoured. So since we were too full by dessert time to gobble up anything with speed, I'm going to share with you their festive desserts. They may not be authentic but they were pretty tasty. Enjoy!


Pudín de Naranja...or as I called it Bread Puddin with crispy bits


Torta de Chocolate with Apricots -- Rich chocolate cake with a sprinkling of salt(?), apricot puree and vanilla ice cream


Crema Catalana con Buñuelos, also known as Rod's half eaten Creme Brulee

Casa Mono is located on the corner of Irving Place and East 17th Street. You can visit their website by clicking here.

1 comment:

  1. This was our second visit to Mario's Casa Mono restaurant. And the Blogmistress will tell you that I rarely get the name correct. I usually call it the Casa Mona (the Mona Lisa confusion), or Casa Moma (after the great art museum that we enjoyed this trip). Regardless, we love the intense flavours that this place has to offer.

    The neat thing about this trip was that we got to share the experience with Katie and Collin Murray. The meal was not disappointing!

    The other exciting thing about this is that I got to see the Blogmistress in action taking the photos of these desserts. I can tell you that it is not an easy task in a dimly lit room with little space and her compact Canon camera. All I can say is "Well done!".

    I will not apologize for digging into my dessert before the picture was taken. I think that is shows how wonderfully creamy ot actually was. And so tasty!

    ReplyDelete