Sunday, May 9, 2010

Collin's Treat: Warning, This Post Contains Lots Of Raw Meat AND A Cooked Meat Update

As I write this, I'm sitting with my feet up while Collin Murray makes me dinner. This is not an everyday occurrence and so it is quite a treat. We are having steak that's been aged for 28 days (he cut the mold off at work so I didn't have to see it -- I know this sounds gross but trust me, aging the steaks like this makes for a much more flavorful and tender final product) and will be sauced with a sherry glaze, creamy polenta that Collin Murray has been whisking for about a half an hour, potatoes confit (which he is make by poaching fingerling potatoes in garlic oil...ahhh yum!) and I think at some point I have to make a salad but I think I can handle contributing that. Doesn't that sound delicious?! And all in my own apartment. I'm a pretty lucky girl and if this lucky girl remembers before she eats up her whole plate, I will take a picture. Until then, here is a couple of pictures of the steak. Isn't she a beauty? She's making the apartment smoke so much we disconnected the smoke detector but she's going to taste wonderful.





UPDATE:

Here is the finished result. It was so good that I just may marry him!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. Its great that it was your turn Katie, to get spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think that he can cook a steak like that for us when we come to visit? It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete