Monday, May 17, 2010

The Puff Is A-Resting

Short blog and no (relevant) pictures today...the puff is a-resting.

We made puff pastry today by machine and by hand. I would explain it to y'all but it would be so confusing without pictures and diagrams that I'm just not sure it's worth it. I can barely understand it myself and I actually did it; but tomorrow we get to actually use the dough to make a number of different (hopefully) treats and after we make them I will tell y'all all about 'em with great gusto.

Until then, please enjoy these pictures of the first strawberries of the season that I took at the Union Sqaure Greenmarket last week. Purty, huh?



1 comment:

  1. Those do look like very delicious strawberries! I can just taste the flavour of them by viewing the photo. I see that your ledge of your window sill is very useful for it's natural light.

    Can't wait to hear about the puff pastry business!

    ReplyDelete