Tuesday, September 14, 2010

UPDATE: The Queen's Strawberry Fool

I got a little message from The Queen today and it turns out that the dessert that she made and I so loved was not a fool -- that was me, the dish was actually called an Eton Mess. Opps. Turns out you don't learn everything that you need to know in pastry school.

I also changed things up tonight with the "Eton Mess". I had some peaches that were so delicious and juicy and perfectly ripe just sitting on the counter so I decided to put them into the cream instead. I simply cut the peaches into a small dice, dusted them with a sprinkle of sugar and a tiny bit of lemon juice and then followed the same procedure as yesterday (whipped some cream, mixed in the peaches, and topped with crushed meringue cookies). I have to say, and Collin Murray agrees, this Eton Mess was even better than yesterday's fool. The lesson to learn here, use the fruit that is in season and don't do a whole lot to it; cause really, you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment