Saturday, September 4, 2010

Yellow Watermelon! That's Just Crazy Talk

I'm not a huge fan of watermelon. I like it well enough but it's not a fruit that I have to have. However, when I learned that there was a variety of watermelon out there that had yellow flesh, I had to check it out. I mean really, yellow watermelon, doesn't that just sound crazy! Sure enough though, today when I dug my knife into the tiny yellow watermelon that I picked up at the Greenmarket yesterday, it was as yellow as yellow could be and I was rather excited. The crazy thing is that the outside of the watermelon looks eerily similar to the regular old pink watermelon but inside, BAM! yellow!


Melons at the market


My little nugget


BAM! Yellow flesh!

I have to tell you that in terms of taste, there isn't any difference. My little watermelon was pretty small, no bigger than a large grapefruit, but it had a ton of seeds in it. I didn't really mind though, I was still too delighted about the color to really care!


Yum.

1 comment:

  1. Now just think, if we had yellow watermelons here that would be yet another fruit to throw into my huge bowl of fruit salad. But as I have commented earlier, sometime less is more!

    Did I get that saying, correct this time?

    ReplyDelete