Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Operation Wedding Cake: They Have Eyes!

So even though it may not seem like it, Operation Wedding Cake is still in motion. The trouble with gumpaste is that it takes so long to dry so it is hard to do things back to back to back but since my wee bride and groom penguins had, had a little while to set up, I decided to tackle their eyes and beaks last night.


I must admit that it does give them personality! I hope they don't look to stunned! I outfitted the Collin Murray penguin with a dashing bow-tie and I did think about attaching his wee hat but I'm not sure that it is going to sit right on his head, so I may have to remake it or just make the call that Collin Murray penguins don't wear hats.

As for the bride penguin, I made her some tiny, tiny little flowers and as soon as I find her a veil, I will accessorize her as well! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I think the hat will look great! Is the veil going to made with white chocolate? What a gorgeous couple already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are doing a great job putting these two together. I love the colour and shape of their beaks! Great job!

    Cannot wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete