Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Favorite Part Of Summer

There have been very few ways to beat the heat in New York City this summer. In fact, I've only found two: air conditioning and the ice cream sandwiches from Three Tarts Bakery. Y'all may remember Three Tarts from the first time that I wrote about them in May. I've kept frequenting the store since then, not just because of their delicious tarts, marshmallows and cookies but once it go warm, because of the ice cream sandwiches. They have terrific flavors like lemon basil ice cream on olive oil cake or carrot cake with cream cheese ice cream -- they are really inventive and truly delicious, always fresh and a perfectly sized little treat.

Since it is so hot today, I took Russell to Three Tarts before a stroll along the Highline. Tonight's flavors:


Cinnamon ice cream between hazelnut cake


Chocolate ice cream with brownie chunks between chocolate cake

Let me tell you, just like every time, the sandwiches were delicious and a great way to cool off on a hot, hot, hot summer night which is why they are my favorite part of summer.

1 comment:

  1. Well I apologize for being so late to comment on these blogs. I did not realize that I was so far behind until I read that you are Russell were there and that was weeks ago!

    That does look like a great way to beat the heat!

    ReplyDelete