Tuesday, August 10, 2010

And....We're Done!

Well, it's all over. My cake came together excellently and I'm truly thrilled with it even though I am pretty sad that school is over.


I came in today and started by finishing the cornelli lace details on my cake. I had originally planned to pipe the lace all over the cake but when I finished the bottom tier, chef and I decided that I should leave my top tier blank so that the cake didn't get too busy. After I finished my flower arrangement on top of the cake (which literally took an hour because I was having a gigantic OCD moment while arranging all my flowers...), I decided to add the pink ribbon just to finish off the look. Once again, I'm really happy with the final product, it is better than I had hoped it would be and I wish it could be preserved forever!




Since we are at the end of pastry school proper or in-other-words, at the end of the in-school education of pastry school, I'm not sure what will go on with this blog. I begin my externship with a wonderful site called The Kitchenista on Thursday so you will soon see my work on that site but as for this site, I will likely update it a few times a week with posts similar to the non-school posts that y'all have been seeing since March. I do hope you tune in and I'm thrilled to have been able to share this experience with y'all. Thank you for tuning in, commenting, and supporting me throughout these last few months, going to pastry school has truly been a dream come true for me and I really do thank you.


Here's the whole crew. Hope they don't mind being on the world wide web! (Half of Shannon, J, Alicia, Kathy, Keiri, Katie (that's me!), Becca, Lucia, Sara, Jenna, Lisa, Jan, Emma and Hang) and the photo is courtesy of J.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! It's beautiful, you can be very proud of your efforts and skills! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for being a part of my pastry school experience.. without you... there would be no chickalicious and no 3tarts in my life... it would be devastating...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I knew that the finished product was going to look amazing but...

    I just love the cornelli lace on the base layer and the ribbon is the perfect accent. But the stealing glory is the floral arrangement on top! I would imagine that it took at least an hour to arrange all those perfect carnations and mimosas on top. Great job!

    I do hope that you can at least preserve those flowers as they look just like the real thing. You should be very proud but I know that you are quite sad that this whole process is over so quickly. But there will be new challenges ahead and always more to learn.

    ReplyDelete