Sunday, August 8, 2010

Wee Market Treasures

My Mama and her husband Robert are in town for my graduation on Tuesday and though it is their first time to the city, my Mama told me that she only wanted to see one thing: the Greenmarket. She didn't care about the Statue of Liberty, she would go to museums but it wasn't a big thing, even the Empire State Building didn't excite her: she just wanted to see the market. I guess being a foodie is something I inherited from my parents as both of them have always been great cooks and like me, they are easily delighted by all things foodie. However, there is one area where my Mama and Dad differ when it comes to food, my Mama has always loved little things and I'm not just talking about kittens and puppies here (although she likes those too, obviously). Mama likes anything little. Little spoons, little bowls, little teapots, little purses, but today at the Greenmarket, her world was full of little fairy eggplants, the tiniest (and sweetest) little tomatoes, and even wee little red onions. We had a grand time and I hope you enjoy the photos of some of today's wee foodie treasures.


Can you believe how small this tomato is? Literally smaller than a dime!


Fairy eggplant


I know I've posted pictures of these baby doughnut peaches before but are they not adorable?


Wee red onion


Baby zucchini and a hand model in need of a manicure (ahem, that would be me...)

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, those are tiny vegetables! But I would imagine that the price/lb. is rather steep due to the specialty market demand.

    I think my favourite is the doughnut peaches. They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete