Sunday, August 8, 2010

RE-POST: Operation Wedding Cake: It Begins

I hate to break it to y'all but sometimes I just don't quite know what happens with technology. I had originally written a post about the start of my (crazy, insane, why am I doing this) idea to make my own wedding cake a while ago but it seems to have disappeared.

So sorry. I have no explanations.

So here is a rundown, once again, of my plan. I'm going to make a wedding cake for Collin Murray and I complete with a lovely arrangement of gumpaste carnation flowers and then I am also going to create a bride and groom penguin wedding cake topper for our reception cake. It is going to be a long and hopefully not painful process but I will do my best to document it.

At the point when this post was originally written, I had just these carnation buds finished:



I also had, had a helper "assisting" me with the painful task of coloring the gumpaste (and incidentally my hands) with food coloring...



Isn't he cute? This is Gussy, "pointing" to the gumpaste as it took color -- here it looks a little like Pepto-Bismal, but it got better, slowly.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I do remember reading and commenting on your first posting of this blog. It was the same day that you dyed your hands red by massaging in the red food colouring, correct?

    And yes, Gus is a very handsome cat! Maybe he can be your photo model.

    ReplyDelete