Wednesday, August 4, 2010

So Many Carnations, So Little Time

So the other day our chef announced that if he didn't show me how to make carnations that I would likely stab him in the neck. Personally, I think his choice of words was a little harsh but I'm not going to lie, learning how to make carnations was pretty high on my list of to-do's. He taught me today and I spent a lot of time working on them, and tonight, I will continue to work on them at home because I need so many for my cake that it hurts my eyes. Good thing it's fun.


Pretty carnations

We also finished our lilies today (which you will see tomorrow as I forgot to photograph them today), made leaves and I finished my mimosas from yesterday.



Tomorrow we start petal dusting our flowers and we will be baking for the last time in school as we have to bake the bases for our celebration cakes. A fact which, I have to admit, makes me a little sad. But anyway, before I get I weepy, I've got to get started on those damn carnations!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed today, the carnations are beautiful! I'm excited to see the final product. It will be fabulous for sure!

    ReplyDelete