Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ridicously Easy Crispy Salami Bites

I know that it might seem like a lot of work but sometimes it's nice to have a dinner that consists of a couple appetizers and a side salad. It's something that Collin Murray and I do all the time and I promise you that it's really not a lot more work than making your everyday dinner!

These salami bites are really easy and really good. The recipe is one that I pieced together from a couple different sources so don't feel obligated to stick to my (super easy) recipe, you can top the bites with sour cream, Greek yogurt, cream cheese, whatever you like!


CRISPY SALAMI BITES
Servings depend on how much salami you purchase

Genoa salami, thinly sliced
Garlic and herb Boursin cheese
Fresh basil

Preheat your oven to 400F. Cover a half-sheet pan with parchment or aluminum foil and place the salami one piece at a time on the baking pan -- they can be touching but just make sure that they don't overlap. Bake for about 10 minutes, making sure you check them occasionally, some ovens generate heat better than others! The salami are done when they are crisp and their edges have lifted a little. Carefully remove the salami from the baking sheet and let cool slightly on paper towel. Place the Boursin into a bowl and mix with a spoon till it is spreadable (you can do with with any of the other fillings that I listed above too) and then place about a teaspoon of the filling on the salami and tip with a basil leaf. Place on a platter and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I remember you telling me about this appetizer that you have made a few times. I did not realize that you used Boursin cheese. I love that stuff and they sell it at Costco! So I am on it, Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am trying to get back into the routine of commenting again but the first time I tried Google was doing something sort of funky with my entry. So I am trying to make a second comment here as an experiment. See how it goes!

    ReplyDelete