Sunday, August 1, 2010

BLT Bites

There are few things in life that taste as good as a BLT sandwich. I mean really, juicy tomatoes, mayo, smokey bacon, and butter lettuce sandwiched between two slices of toasted white bread -- so delicious! Sometimes, because I'm fancy, I like to put avocado in my BLT's, it makes them extra creamy and also adds an extra layer of freshness to the classic sandwich. But then there are also the times when I'm feeling extra fancy and turn BLT's into little tiny bites of deliciousness or in other words, BLT Bites.


To make them, simply slice a baguette into 1/2-inch rounds, toast and spread a little mayo on top. Add a sliced tomato, small piece of butter lettuce, a silver of avocado and top with a two-inch piece of bacon and enjoy! They also look very pretty on a platter too, don't ya think?!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, it makes me hungry all over again. They are very colorful. Great pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to try this with some of my home grown tomatoes. Those always taste the best!

    But since we have missed out on all your heat from NYC here, things are a little behind. So you will probably still get to taste some of the tomatoes after you get back.

    ReplyDelete