Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm Flowered Out

More flowers today. So many more flowers and there are still more to make. We didn't just make flowers today, we also began petal dusting of firm gum paste flowers. Petal dust looked kind of like loose eye-shadow and you use a dry paint brush to lightly highlight, or just color your flowers. I was, of course, in a state about doing anything to the flowers that I had worked so hard to make perfect but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.


Lightly petal dusted flower on top and un-petal dusted flower on the bottom


A "field" of petal dusted carnations!

Oh yes, here are my lack-lustre lilies from yesterday. I just can't get on board with them. I don't like lilies as a flower and I think it shows -- they are not my best work.


Tomorrow morning before class, I'm going to make more of the "filler flowers" -- the little flowers that take up the blank spaces in the gum paste flower arrangement, and probably I will make more carnations too as I am stressed about running out of them for the final cake product. Then, in class, we are going to be making buttercream and icing our cakes for Monday. I'm having a module three flashback and it hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Those carnations are so life like! I can really see the different textures and shadows once they have been petal dusted. Too bad that you don't have a little video clip of how this is all done.

    That would be neat to see the process from start to finish!

    ReplyDelete