Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Chocolate Showpiece: Day Three

Today started off really good. Our chocolate from yesterday just popped right of the molds which means we had a perfect temper but that's really that last thing that went right from today. We had intended to paint our spheres to look just a little shimmery, like pearls, but we made the mistake of using a product called lustre dust and they came out silver-y and icky and awful. They were patchy and just looked bad so we air brushed them and tried to cover our mistakes although I don't know how successful our cover-up was.


These were our "successful" mini spheres or the pearls as we have started calling them that we air-brushed with cococa butter.

So since yesterday I didn't have a lot to show you so I thought I would try and show you a little something from today. One of the other things that my partner and I did was make our half spheres into whole spheres today.


We melted the bottoms of two spheres and then used the melted chocolate to act like glue to piece the two halves to a whole.


See?!

So tomorrow is going to be a big day. We have to spray our piece with chocolate, assemble it, paint and assemble the most decorative part of our piece, a blossoming flower, AND make vines and rosebuds -- oh man alive! I truly hope that is all we have on our list, I promise you we will be starting class early tomorrow, it's going to take a lot to get all done!

2 comments:

  1. I think its neat how you can just spray and fix things. Excited to see your finished showpiece.You don't really realize how creative you all really are, its looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am quite impressed with the mini-sphere/pearls! They look very nice!

    I was worried after I had talked to you on the phone about the whole project but now I am thinking that you were over reacting. I know that this whole thing is a bit out of your element so I appreciate that putting together this piece of "art", is stressful for you.

    But I am sure that you guys will pull it off brilliantly! Good Luck with the finishing touches!

    ReplyDelete