Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Feast For The Fourth!

In case you haven't heard, today was July Fourth.


See how festive Americans are...they decorate EVERYTHING

And since it was the first Fourth of July that we had spent in the US, Collin Murray and I decided to celebrate in a stereotypically American way: pulled pork on cheese and chive biscuits, potato salad, coleslaw, festive red velvet cupcakes with white chocolate cream cheese frosting, and sangria. I cannot begin to describe just how stuffed I am but though it was a bit of work to put together, we had fun and it was darn tasty.


Cheddar and chive biscuit with pulled pork, coleslaw, and BBQ sauce


Potato salad with a touch of Old Bay seasoning -- a trick I learned from Rod that gives your potato salad just a little extra something-something.


And the damn cutest little patriotic cupcake, maybe ever

After we were stuffed from dinner, Collin Murray and I ventured over to the West Side Highway to take in the Macy's Fireworks display. It was a grand time and definitely the most elaborate fireworks display that I've ever seen.



Happy Fourth Y'all!

2 comments:

  1. I think your meal was something "different" from anything I've heard of , but I think our fireworks in MH were pretty impressive too Thanks for the call LOVE NAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now where did you find that pretty little cupcake? Did you guys actually make that meal?

    If so, I am impressed! It does look very appetizing. Can't wait for you two to get home and maybe arrange to have you cater a meal out here for us!

    I did hear that the fireworks were quite impressive. That was special to be able to experience that moment, I am sure. Just another memory of your Big Apple experience!

    ReplyDelete