Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chocolate Showpiece: THE END!

Oh my goodness! We made it! There were no tears, no wailing or gnashing of teeth, just a bit of stress and a whole lot of chocolate.


The finished piece!

Our day went like this: paint chocolate petals with cocoa butter, spray chocolate showpiece with paint spray gun, warm and knead chocolate plastic, make leaves, rosebuds and flowers out of chocolate plastic, assemble flowers, begin assembly of showpiece, curse, pray, continue assembling showpiece, fight with breaking petals, pray some more, carry showpiece into a far enough away room to freak me out, relax because it's finally over.

Here are a few details shots of the piece:






Tomorrow we have been promised a zen day of marzipan fruit making. I can't wait to do something without chocolate!

3 comments:

  1. Just showed the blog pics of the finished product to Patrick and he is gob smacked! I, on the other hand knew that it would look amazing!

    Congratulations! We cannot believe that the whole thing is made out of chocolate.

    Now I want to know where and how you will store this masterpiece until your graduation???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it, I just knewit, you are an amazing artist, I was really wondering what this would be, and youblew me away.GOOD JOB< 100% in my books LOVE NAN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am speechless! It is beautiful. I knew that whatever was going to be created was going to be amazingly beautiful. Congrats Katie! You will enjoy the marzipan day, it will be really easy compared to what you have accomplished with your masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete