Thursday, July 15, 2010

The End Of Molded Chocolates

Thank goodness it's over. Honestly. Not since we had our very first practical exam have we had such an anxiety inducing exam. The thing with molded chocolates is that they are kind of a one-shot-deal. You put them in the mold, fill them, put a bottom on them and pray because if you failed to do part of the process correctly, the chocolates are not going to turn out. Thank heavens mine turned out. I was so worried.


Pretty framboise ganache molded chocolates

The mark of perfectly tempered molded chocolates is the ease in which you are able to unmold them. When chocolate is tempered perfectly it drops out of the mold with just a little shake or a tiny tap and I cannot even tell you how happy I was when my chocolates just plopped right out -- it was like music to my ears.


We had to do different molds for our test and this mold was the much easier mold to work with because it was a simpler shape. These chocolates also tasted really good, I'm totally obsessed with the framboise I put into the ganache and I wish y'all could taste these chocolates because they are yum, yum, yummy.

Tomorrow we begin the preparations for our chocolate showpieces. I can't even tell you how not excited I am to create a two-foot high sculpture out of chocolate...

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Congrats! I had a feeling that you were going to do just awesome. I always thought it was the ones that don't turn out that one tastes? Those almost look like they could be shipped, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Somehow I knew that you would do well under stress.

    And again, another great idea for those Christmas goody baskets!!! When did you say you were going to be back??? LOL

    ReplyDelete