Monday, July 19, 2010

Chocolate Showpiece: Day Two

I feel like a whining three-year-old but I don't care. I hate chocolate showpieces. I had a four hour class and all my partner and I did was temper dark and white chocolate, fill sphere molds (again), make a game plan for the rest of the week and make a moon. Maybe it's just that it's boring or maybe I'm just not feeling this "project" but whatever it is , I just hate it.


This is our moon -- it will be air brushed on Wednesday when we final our showpieces but you get the shape, right? We made it by using silicone "noodles" (long rectangles of silicone) and shaping them into the moon shape, pouring the tempered chocolate in and then letting the moon set up.

Tomorrow our plan is to clean up the main structures of our piece, make white chocolate plastic that is tinted green and pink (remember chocolate plastic?), begin our the work on our flowers and learn how to use decorative sugar. Hopefully with that kind of full plate of to-dos we will have a better day than today...

2 comments:

  1. Katie that shape looks like a brace for your teeth, I can't imagine what your creation will look like, can't wait till tomorrow Love NAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that we will hear the complaints of that list of things "To-Do" before this chocolate sculpture is finished. Don't you know that being creative doesn't always mean that you are busy. You need time for your mind to adjust to being artistic!

    Good luck putting it all together!

    ReplyDelete