Saturday, July 3, 2010

First 100 Highlights -- Part Two!

Hopefully y'all remember from last week how this goes, if not, here is a quick run down. About ten days ago, I posted my 100th post on this blog. I'm not going to lie, I felt pretty proud about that so I decided to do a highlight reel. Part One was posted last weekend and so now it's time for Part Two!

Here we go:

6. This was a really tough day in class. My partner wasn't feeling it and I was feeling her not feeling it. As such, I made the Galaktoboureko by my lonesome and ended up turning the day around for myself and being pretty proud of my work too even if I still can't pronounce the name of the damn dessert!


Galaktoboureko, Say What?

7. I like this post because it's like a recap of our entire second module on breads and doughs. It's a lotta puff pastry but it was tasty puff pastry and some of it is still sitting in my freezer waiting to be used -- I really should get to that one of these days...


The Puff You Missed

8. This is one of my favorite posts -- I loved Collin Murray and I's picnic in Central Park. It was fun and relaxing and something I definitely was looking forward to when we moved here and the actual experience of the picnic was just as wonderful as I had hoped it would be.


Picnic In The Park

9. This was a really fun post for me because it involved something little, something Tiffany Blue, and something glittery...


Perfect Petit Fours

10. I have to say that one of the best parts of going to pastry school is not only learning how to make great cakes and ice creams and pastries...well, you get the idea, but really, one of the greatest things is seeing other people enjoy want you have made, and Collin Murray certainly enjoyed his Birthday Boy Cupcakes.


The Birthday Boy Wanted Red Velvet

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your 100+ posts on this blog now! I am enjoying them daily even though I might not be inspired to comment on the actual day that you wrote them. So glad that I passed the trick question the other night on the phone, testing me to see if I actually am reading them! How could you!!!

    I bet that you are not planning to have a picnic in Central Park these days with the wicked heat wave that you are suffering from. We are just now getting the news reports of how bad it really is. Even though we have heard on the phone how much you and Collin Murray are enjoying the muggy weather.

    I thought it was bad back in June when we visited but 10 or more degrees warmer than what we had, would not be fun!

    Love the photos! Sure wish that they would allow you more than 5/blog.

    ReplyDelete