Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dessert Plate Production: Days Three & Four

I honestly can't tell you a lot from the past couple of days in school -- it's been a whirlwind of dessert plates but not a lot of actual work. I've decided that I could like dessert plating in another forum but in the forum of school, I'm not a fan. Like Rod said, the whole dessert plating business can sometimes sound like another language so I won't try to describe the intricacies of all the elements, but I will show you a few examples of what I plated the past couple of days. And so y'all know, unless I say I made the dessert, I didn't. We all plated each other's stuff so we got a little more experience with plating different things!


Coconut and Pineapple Parfait that I made on Wednesday


Chocolate Souffle, Cherry Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce by Emma and Company


Banana Cookie with Banana Puree, Caramel Ice Cream, Sugar Tuile and Caramelized Bananas also by Emma and Company


Raspberry White Chocolate Mille Feuille with Whipped Cream and Sugar Tuile by Shannon and Company


Fromage Blanc Mousse sandwiched with Phyllo Crisps, Rhubarb and Lemon Thyme Compote and Rhubarb Syrup.

Now tomorrow we have our final exam and practical for our third module -- can you believe I'm almost done school -- so wish me lots of cake decorating luck tomorrow and I see what I can cook up this long weekend! And Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian followers!

2 comments:

  1. I can see where the plating is an art in itself! I know you will do great on your exam and practical! You do such a great job Katie and we know you give it your all. Happy Canada day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job plating those desserts!

    Hope that you had a successful practical exam today. I cannot believe how much you have learned as well.

    Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete